Friday, May 14, 2010

What does one wear?

To a TEA PARTY?


Jeans and a Tee Shirt. Right? Right? Sigh.... okay, so I wore a skirt and a nice looking fatbelly shirt.... reluctently, you know. My husband smiled when he said, "You have to dress up for a tea party, right?" Ahh. The smirk on his face.







The girls gladly put on their prettiest dresses and hats.


The even gladly tried on other hats - such as this silver one...



All the ladies put on their beautiful hats.
The hat on the left won first prize for the best hat.
(my cousin, who is sporting some earrings from her etsy shop anywear)

I voted for the hat. It really was the most umm... interesting... hat there. I would never wear the hat, but I did wear one. You will NOT see a picture of me in the hat, though. Sorry. I didn't take a picture of myself. Hey. I wore the hat. Don't you think that's torture enough for one tea party?
Note: most of the hats belong to the lady standing in the background... she brought 28 hats to share.

I really did have a nice time. Visited with some very nice ladies (so what if I'm related to them), drank plenty of tea, ate tooooo much sugar, and stayed way too long.... and I wore the hat the whole time.
Go ahead. Laugh, Terry... but you weren't there to get a picture. ;P

1 comment:

Mary said...

like I said before you just would have never been able to pull it off. Your just jealous ;). Cute pic