Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Meet Octavius

This...

is Octavius... He's the little guy. He's number eight. Known to the general public as "Baby O"... no, Octavius is not his real name. But, then, none of my kids really have real names. They, like me and my siblings, are called by whatever name comes to mind first. Luckily, I have not resorted to calling them the dog's name as my mother did... yet. But that's probably because I have a hard time remembering the dog's name. Most of the time I want to call HER Gert~ the name of our dog when I was growing up. Yes. I am a LOT like my mother... can't help it. But this post is not about me... it's about Baby O.



Contrary to popular belief, O does not wear a hat 24/7. As a matter of fact, there were several times when I could NOT find a hat to put on his head! He does love to model, though. As soon as there's a hat on his head and a camera pointing at his face, he gives the biggest smiles you ever did see. I like to say he has a bit of his Great Grandpa John in him... He's just a bit of a show off. ;)



Being number eight, O thinks he's part of the crowd. Ever since day one, he has much preferred hanging, no~dangling, from my arm than facing in and resting his cuddly little head on my shoulder. Nah! There's way too much going on to bury your little head in your mother's shoulders.... You just might miss something. I'm certain he'll grow up to be a sky diver - or have some job hanging off of buildings or towers or something. I do not approve. I want my children to stay on the ground. When he's not hanging from my right arm trying to grab everything we walk by, O can be found sitting on my back pulling my hair out. It's not like I haven't lost enough of my hair already. Those backpack things should come with hoods - for the mother, not just for the child. The least he could do is just pick out the gray ones.



Another thing O loves to do is play guitar with Daddy. As you can see in the picture, he no longer falls asleep to Daddy's guitar playing. That was a nice stage. Daddy plays guitar, baby goes to sleep, Mommy Tweets. :) Now he likes to play WITH Daddy. Not as nice of a situation. Daddy doesn't get much playing in with baby muting the strings. Baby doesn't sleep. Mommy still Tweets. ;)


Tall, slender, blonde hair, sparkling blue eyes, bright smile, greatly loved and adored by his family~bringing joy to his Mamma's heart daily!



And, of course, if you need to see more pictures of him, clicky , he's in my shop trying to sell some hats! :)

4 comments:

Terry said...

oh! i miss my little octavius!!! and so does his cousin baby z!

Yvonne said...

OH baby O, I adore you! I think perhaps you will grow up to be Spider Man, the best superhero of all. And, mommy should knit herself a hoodie & attach it to the backpack and voila! - no more hair pulling. And, how's about this idear? Mommy could knit her face on the BACK of the hat so baby O could really be 'looking' at her. Thanks for sharing Mommy Mellon!

mellon said...

oh! spiderman! i never thought of that! thanks yvonne... there's hope. :) his big brothers are going to be soooo jealous when they find out he's spiderman. i might have known you'd suggest i knit a hoodie for myself. maybe i should put some basset hound ears on it for him to chew on??? you have far too much confidence in my knitting skills, though. my face? ;) i'm sure i'd look very charlie brownish. lol! thanks for the input. come back soon so you can 'meet' my other children. some of them are very... ummm... interesting. :)

Yvonne said...

Ohhh, no worries, I'll be back!