Monday, October 6, 2008

Experiments with dye...

Yesterday I had a bit of fun with an old stained soaker and some Kool Aid. I figured I couldn't "ruin" the ugly light pink soaker, so I bought some grape Kool Aid. I ended up with a slightly tie-dyed, not quite so ugly, still could probably use another dose of dye soaker, and VERY PURPLE fingers. :) Not to worry - several "rounds" of dishes, and my fingers are looking much betta ;)


Here's a picture of your favorite working crew handpainted by Me...


and, of course, your favorite horse, Silver, and his rider also painted by Me.

I made some progress in the knitting department over the weekend... Two baby washcloths down, the fall colors blanket is well on it's way, and this beautiful lilac soft and cuddly snuggler blanket is almost complete...

Don't you think it looks lovely with the fishie blankie???

3 comments:

Debbie Gootter said...

Really cute figurines!

Sharonabelle said...

Love the little people, and the blanket looks great, esp against the fishie blankie

mellon said...

Thanks for the comments. I've really been having fun creating, and it's nice to get some input :)